Position: Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
Are you an ambitious sales person looking for a new challenge or a recent graduate seeking your first professional role in Edinburgh? If you’re a strong communicator, money-motivated and have a keen interest in technology, then why not chat to us about kick-starting a career in recruitment!
About our Client
A leader in the Technology & Digital recruitment markets, our client provides recruitment services to the UK by its team of around 15 consultants operating from offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Established in 2010, this business provides a professional, consultative recruitment service to a wide range of clients, from start-ups and SMEs to larger blue-chip clients in key Technology & Digital sectors.
The company is looking for hungry, energetic trainees who will receive a fantastic training package, which includes one-to-one mentoring and coaching as well as training on the sales process, social media, candidate attraction and service provision. Monthly, quarterly, and yearly competitions are run by the company to encourage you to release your competitive side – those individuals who are driven and motivated can have extremely successful and satisfying careers in recruitment! This is a fantastic platform to kick-start your recruitment career with a highly supportive company and a tight-knit, family-feel working environment.
The role of a Recruitment Consultant is diverse where you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- The entire sales process: from sifting through CVs and applications, to interviewing suitable candidates, selling candidates into clients and closing deals with clients.
- Generating candidate and client leads to build up your database of contacts and developing and maintaining these relationships through both telephone communication and face-to-face meetings.
- Drafting job adverts for client vacancies and posting these adverts on relevant websites/job boards/social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) to attract the top talent for clients.
- Keeping up to date with market trends, analysing competitors and identifying potential new business.
- Sourcing and meeting new candidates through methods such as networking and headhunting.
- Working towards and hitting several financial and activity targets.
Our client is on the lookout for bright, talented and driven individuals with great interpersonal skills who can bring a logical and intelligent way of working to its organisation. The skills and personal qualities that our client is looking for include:
- Strong educational background.
- Confident communication skills and the ability to build relationships with candidates and clients over the phone and face-to-face.
- Ambitious, target driven and financially motivated with a proven aptitude for sales.
- Motivated nature with a hunger to progress your career and constantly build on your skillset.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, diverse workload.
- Willingness to go the extra mile for yourself, your business and your candidates and clients.
A career in recruitment can be very challenging and no two days are the same, but with a bit of hard work and ambition, it can be an extremely rewarding one – get in touch to find out more!
07557 736 992