Position: Graduate Recruitment Consultant
Salary: £18,000 Basic Salary + Commission
As a Graduate Recruitment Consultant you would be in a very diverse role in a position where you can really take ownership for your own career! The position of a Recruitment Consultant offers you a structured career path with ongoing training and development opportunities, a competitive salary, uncapped On Target Earnings (OTE) and a number of other benefits and incentives as well as a supportive, sociable and fun working environment.
You will be taught the ropes of first class recruitment techniques and methods and how to manage your own desk within a fast-paced and ever-changing marketplace. Your team will assist you in building an in-depth knowledge of your specific industry and the clients that operate within this space. This will set you up for a promising start to your recruitment career!
The role of a Recruitment Consultant is diverse where you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- The entire sales process: from sifting through CVs and applications, to interviewing suitable candidates, selling candidates into clients and closing deals with clients.
- Generating candidate and client leads to build up your database of contacts and developing and maintaining these relationships through both telephone communication and face-to-face meetings.
- Drafting job adverts for client vacancies and posting these adverts on relevant websites/job boards/social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) to attract the top talent for clients.
- Keeping up to date with market trends, analysing competitors and identifying potential new business.
- Sourcing and meeting new candidates through methods such as networking and headhunting.
- Working towards and hitting several financial and activity targets.
About our Client
Based in Edinburgh, our client is an Independent Recruitment business who are dedicated to recruiting specialists into the Technology Industry. This business knows what a quality candidate looks like and works in partnership with a number of highly successful corporations around the globe to source top technology talent for their businesses.
The company is looking for driven, committed Graduates to join their highly-successful team in Edinburgh as a Graduate Recruitment Consultants. As part of this Graduate Scheme, you will receive a fantastic training package, which includes direct training from the sales director, individual learning and development sessions, online training and on-the-desk training that will set you up nicely for a lucrative career in recruitment.
Our client offers an extremely sociable working environment including a number of perks such as celebration lunches at Michelin Star restaurants as a reward for hitting targets, away days and team building exercises. Don’t get us wrong, recruitment has high expectations and you will be required to put in that extra bit of effort from time to time, however top performers are invited to attend trips to destinations such as Dubai, Cancun and Miami so if this isn’t an incentive to work hard so you can play hard, I don’t know what is!
Our client is on the lookout for bright, talented and driven individuals with great interpersonal skills who can bring a logical and intelligent way of working to its organisation. The skills and personal qualities that our client is looking for in its Graduates include:
- Strong educational background (no degree necessary).
- Confident communication skills and the ability to build relationships with candidates and clients over the phone and face-to-face.
- Ambitious, target driven and financially motivated with a proven aptitude for sales.
- A sporty, motivated nature with a hunger to progress your career and constantly build on your skillset.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, diverse workload.
- Willingness to go the extra mile for yourself, your business and your candidates and clients.
A career in recruitment can be very challenging and no two days are the same, but with a bit of hard work and ambition, it can be an extremely rewarding one. Our client offers a friendly, mature working environment where you can really grow personally and professionally with the support of renowned recruitment professionals.
If this sounds like the type of career that you would like to pursue, please apply today with your CV, or get in contact with Caron to find out more.
Contact: Caron Kinnaird
Phone: 0141 319 8719