Position: Business Development Team Manager
Salary: £52,000 + company car and excellent OTE
Our client is the UK’s leading and largest international innovation funding consulting firms who are looking to recruit an experienced Field Sales Team Manager to work within their busy Manchester office. This business work in partnership with companies from all industry sectors including; Engineering, Agriculture, Technology and Oil and Gas and is designed to help these companies benefit from Government Innovation Tax Incentives. Their current client base boasts over 5000 active businesses and are now looking for someone to lead their Manchester based Business development team of 8.
The key focus of this role is to lead a team of Business Development Managers who will be your direct reports. This role comes with a large amount of responsibility as you will be tasked with leading from the front and motivating and developing team members who are the face of this highly successful global business.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the existing sales team.
- Monitor, train and mentor the existing sales team on a daily basis to achieve success.
- Assist with recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales team members.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Present sales, growth and revenue reports and realistic forecasts to the wider management team.
- Identify emerging market opportunities and market shifts and competitive landscape.
- Work closely with all departments and business units to ensure strong communication and collaboration.
- Directly reporting into the Head of Sales while working autonomously as well as providing guidance and assistance to fellow team members.
- Demonstrable experience of managing high-performing field sales teams
- New Business Development experience, within a solution sales environment
- Outstanding communication skills; confident, articulate
- Ability to work autonomously
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Willingness to travel UK-wide
In return for your hard work and success, our client offers a competitive basic salary with a brilliant bonus scheme to significantly increase earnings and other benefits that go along with working for a global leading business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established business who are leaders in their field. There is no limit to the size or success of this team which offers a career development route that is rare for this kind of role. If you are interested or have any questions about this opportunity, please get in touch with Caron Kinnaird to discuss it further or apply now with your CV.